Friday, October 1, 2010

My Latest Creation!

I've been working on a project for Dan Sperry (best magician on the planet...youtube him...you're welcome) and I've always loved working with gothy images so when Dan announced a call for images to be used on his new site, I was super psyched. I'm working on my own website project for him so I get to use all my gothy stuff for that BUT I threw together this image to submit to his little image contest. Hereeee she is!



Now, this is a story behind this one. It is a well known fact that I LOATHE spiders. Even tiny ones are out to kill me and last summer I had to go to the ER for a spider bite that made my whole arm swell up HUGE. So, you might be wondering why in the world I would pick a spider to use for this project. Well, several months ago I had a very vivid, crazy, creepy dream that really stuck with me. The most memorable part of the dream that I could always picture in my head JUST as I saw it in the dream was this spider with an eyeball on its body. Despite my hatred for spiders, I thought this eye-spider was totally awesome and I knew I was eventually going to have to make it on photoshop. So the Dan Sperry thing gave me motivation to finally put it together. I found the perfect image of the spider and then I set up my camera on the tripod with my super duper macro lens. The eye in the picture is none other than Chance's eye. The same eye that I have used in two other images that I love. One of which was actually picked to be in a gallery:



And this one I just made for fun (this was even before I watched Pans Labyrinth):



He makes a great eye and hand model :) and he even complains when our "photo shoots" are over. He's loves loves loves anything to do with photography....I'm so proud :)

~Kirs

No comments:

Post a Comment